Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, Physicians Formula Blush, and Nom Nom Truck

I hope you spend it with someone special! It doesn't have to be with your boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife. Valentine's Day is to spend and show how much you love the people in your life. I usually like giving stuff to my father, Tobey, and anyone special. :)


I've seen so many YouTube videos, as well as, blog mentioning the Physicans Formula Happy Booster blush. I don't blame them since it's really adorable. I had to get one myself. :)
Product Review: Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose

Where can you purchase: drugstore, mass retailers, and online
Price: $11.99 for 0.24 oz./ 7 g (most blushes have a $3 coupon on top that you can save)

Made in USA

Description on the back:
Look Happy!
Brush On A Radiant Blushing Glow
* Ultra-soft and blendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
* Multi-reflective pears provide a soft iridescence to highlight, contour and add radiance to cheeks.

Feel Happy!
Experience The Mood Boosting Effect
* Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural pant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicing the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environment stress.
* The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

Hypoallergenic. Paraben free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist approved.
Ingredients:
My thoughts: In all honesty, I wanted this blush for the packaging. Can you say the packaging is cute!?!?
Look at all those adorable, colorful hearts! It's also perfect for the Valentine's season. I also love that the whole packaging is pink, even though, it's not my favorite color I still like it. :)

Other than the packaging, is this worth it? I keep hearing YouTube reviews, as well as, blogs and most people actually like this blush. This is my second blush from Physicians Formula. The first blush I received as a gift from an ex-blogger (I miss chatting with her! For some reason, we lost touch. Probably my fault. :( ). To be honest, that was actually my very first product from this brand. I fell in love and think highly of this brand. I think it's very underrated in the blogging world. Most people don't buy from this brand and I don't know why. :/ Anyways, I was really intrigued since it received good reviews.

Now that I know this blush is good, as well as, adorable; I know it's worth it or at least from what I have heard. Before I talk about the blush, let's finish talking about the packaging. Beneath the blush, there's a layer with a mirror and brush.
The mirror is worth it if you carry the blush with you. Otherwise, I think most people would use their vanity mirror.
The brush, on the other hand, I think it's not worth it but that's me. I just keep the brush in there just for the cuteness. How cute is the pink and red!?!?

Now talking about the blush, it has different layers of colors depending on where you use. I like how it's versatile in color of pink/rose.
I swatched the blush from different areas. The left one is swatched from the lightest color and the middle is from the darkest. The right one is where I swiped all the colors together. I also noticed from the areas of the blush, some are more shimmery than other parts.

It also has a violet scent, but I don't think it's noticeable or at least to my nose. This is coming from someone who's very sensitive! I can throw up from a bad smell very easily. :X Anyways, I don't notice the smell while putting this on my cheeks.

They also said it's a Happy Booster. I don't know if I agree. It doesn't change my mood from my experience. :/ Yes, I'm happy to apply this because of the cuteness. Other than that, the minute I put this on my mood doesn't change.

Here's how the blush looks on me.
I think it looks natural depending on how much you layer. I also think it lasts for pretty decent amount of time. :)

Pros:
* Physicians Formula; I think the brand is pretty decent.
* Cute packaging! Who wouldn't love the different colored hearts and pink packaging.
* Has both shimmer and not shimmery parts.
* Has different layers of pink.
* Violet scent that isn't strong.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Cheap brush.
* Not too sure about happy booster.

Would I repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


I'm going to end this post with a picture of Vietnamese sandwich, bahn mi, from Nom Nom Truck. I've been wanting to get this for the longest time. Every time I thought I was going to go and get this sandwich, something happens. It finally happened that I got to taste this!... wheee~ :)
Here's pork bahn mi. I'm not a pork eater, but the people in front of me recommend it. I had to get it since that's what they all recommended. :/ It was really delicious, but I really regret eating this afterwards. I prefer beef or chicken next time. :)
I also got chicken taco. It was really good! :)

I definitely recommend Non Nom Truck!!! Check out their website to see if they're around you. ;)

15 comments:

amynaree said...

i want that blush too because it's so cute and i keep hearing good reviews as well :)

i never tried the nom nom truck but i've tried the phamish truck and they have really good viet sandwiches, but next time i'll have to try nom nom next

Gaby Fauchon said...

The blush looks lovely, everyone keeps raving about it!

Vanessa M. said...

cute blush!

Shop N' Chomp said...

<3 the Tarepanda pic. Happy Valentine's Day! =D I saw this blush at Rite Aid yesterday but was too cheap to buy it b/c it wasn't on sale...hehe. Does this brand go on sale at all? I don't even know. It looks really pretty and natural on you. =D And yay to banh mi! I haven't tried Nom Nom b/c I usually just go get it at the Viet bakery. I should though. Anyways, love your new blog look! =D

ndoodles said...

YUM I love banh mi :) The only good place to get that here is... well I don't know but there is one in a closer city called Ly's Sandwich - so good. I think one reason why PF isn't often mentioned is because of the price. I do want to try out their blushes though - hear a lot of good things about it.

Roxy said...

lol i totally want it for the packaging too! i think they go a little overboard saying it'll make you happy but lookin gat it definitely makes me smile! :)

noone said...

the blush colors look great and natural, and yeah the hearts do look super cute!

Radiant Make Up said...

the blush looks so pretty :)
loving the review!! x

Shop N' Chomp said...

The lamp cost us $90.

Shop N' Chomp said...

Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion show. You should check out the series...hehe. ;)

Fruity Lashes said...

hope you had a great Valentine's day~! the blush is really adorable. i love the heart design on it. and your sammy looks super yummy. errrrrr i want it for tmr's lunch lol

Jenni said...

The hearts motif is too cute to resist >_<

what do you think of PF's products in general? i keep reading mixed reviews :/ but this blush is totally a keeper!

say hi to tobey for me ;)

Anonymous said...

That blush compact is gorgeous!!

DinaXYYan said...

I love the hearts embossed on this blush, looks absolutely gorgeous :D

Sharon @ Fun and Life said...

That is the prettiest blush I have ever seen. Love the little hearts! Actually what I love most about it is that there's a mirror and brush underneath it. So perfectly compact! Great blog. Will be following you and would love if you did too to keep in touch! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...