Sunday, April 15, 2012

Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker Blush and ShopBop Winner

Sorry I did not post this week! My oldest brother and his kids, my nieces, came to visit this week. It was a last minute decision. Whenever they come to visit, I lose my computer. :/ Now I'm back and hopefully, for good. :)

I've been wanting to review this blush for the longest time, and I think it's finally time too!

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at physiciansformula.com
Price: $12.95 for 0.21 oz/ 6g

Made in USA

Description on the back: 
Makeup Powered by You!
* 1st Ever Blush with pH Power Complex transforms into your perfectly personalized hue.
-Fluorescein Based Dye - senses the pH level of your skin & adjusts within 60 sections to created your perfect blushing glow.
- Photochromic Powders - light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors & outside.

Look Your Best in Every Light!
* LED-powered compact lights up and features a full-size mirror, for touch-ups anywhere & everywhere!
Ingredients:
Thoughts: To be honest, I only bought this blush for the idea that the blush matches to your pH level. I know it's a foolish idea to get a blush, but the concept really drew me in. :X I guess I'm a sucker when it comes to cosmetics. Anyways, now to my thoughts.

For the packaging, it's kind of bulky. It's just a square package with different levels.
Here's how the top looks. It's a shiny, black square with pink logo. The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that I can see my fingerprints easily.
The next level is the blush with the mirror. It's a pink, powdered blush with silver dots around the blush. The silver dots give shimmery specks to the blush. Once you use it all, it's just a pink blush.
That same level has a light that you can turn on. The switch is right above the right light. You can compare the picture above to the one exactly above it. Do you see the light on and off? I hope you can!
The last level has the brush.

Since the packaging is kind of bulky and for another reason, I leave mine at home. I hardly carry mine. I got a loose blush pan in mine. I'm kind of scared to carry mine and have the blush crack. For that reason, I don't carry mine anywhere even when I travel. Once I finish the blush, I might actually carry the container. I think the light will come in handy especially at nights or when you're in a dark room.
I usually don't like the brushes the blushes come with, but this is actually pretty okay. It's pretty soft and does not shed. I did noticed some of the hairs go in different directions, but not many. Even though it's soft, I'll still will not use it. I like the round type of brushes for blushes.
Here's how the blush looks in natural light.
A swatch of the blush on my hand. I don't know if you can see the specks of silver especially on the top from the silver dots.

The main concept of this blush is that it "reacts to light and your pH for your perfect blushing glow" within 60 seconds. Well in my opinion, I don't think it does. Even though I don't notice any changes on the blush as soon as I apply it, I still like the color! It's a natural, gorgeous color and it lasts a decent amount of day.

Pros:
* Physicians Formula; I think they have great products for drugstores.
* Comes with light with a switch.
* Comes with a decent brush; soft.
* Natural looking color.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Bulky.
* Mine came with a loose blush pan.
* Compact grabs fingerprints easily.
* Blush does not match to your pH level or light.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


I went out of town to Palm Springs with bunch of girls couple of weeks ago. One of the girls did my nails.
I took a picture of my nails once I got home. I received so many compliments! People asked me if they were stickers, and I told them someone painted them. So many people were amazed and thought it was gorgeous.

Thank you April!!! :)


Now for the $100 Gift Certificate to Shopbop,
It is...
#59...
Congratulations to mai!!! :)

You have 48 hours to contact me with your name and address. E-mail me at aly_4realz (at) hotmail (dot) com. If you don't contact me within 48 hours, I will draw a new winner.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money except for the pictures taken from Shopbop.com. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

Welcome back and congrats to the winner! :D I saw this blush online and thought the packaging was cute. Pink is my fave shade and this one looks really pretty. *^_^* And I can't believe your nails were painted on. SO nice. o.O

nana said...

omg I WON! thank you again, i emailed you :)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Likely not anytime soon. I'm still using my Illamasqua blush...hehe. I take FOREVER to finish anything. :\

nana said...

Ahleessa, i've got the code, yeehah. thanks for the opportunity to get something from the awesome shopbop. ill blog about it keke.

Gaby Fauchon said...

I'm soooooooo lusting after this blush, not only is it absolutely gorgeous but I love the compact with the little lights! It just looks so chic! Physicians »Formula brushes tend to be pretty rubbish though.

Did you know that you have captchas onn? You could easily switch to comment moderation instead which makes things easier for your readers (:

Anna said...

congrats mai!
yes its really pretty nails, u friend april is talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...