Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sephora Haul and Tokidoki Blush Brush

End of March, Sephora had 15% off sale both online and in stores. I bought some stuff.
I bought Tokidoki Blush Brush, YSL Glossy Stain, and Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. With my online order, I got three samples that you can see in the picture. I will review one of the three products I bought.
Product Review: Tokidoki Siberia Blush Brush

Where to purchase: Sephora stores or sephora.com
Price: $25

Made in China

Description from site: Finally, tokidoki style has arrived to help you highlight your cheeks! The Siberia Blush Brush provides easy and precise application, contouring your cheekbones for a beautifully pronounced glow. The ultra soft and luxurious synthetic brush hairs are white with glowing pink tips-and they're naturally anti-bacterial.
Thoughts: When this came out, I knew I had to get it! It had to go with my matching Tokidoki Pittura Brush Set. I already reviewed the brush set so feel free to read it. :) I love my Tokidoki brush set! I still use it to this day especially the eyeshadow and eyeliner brush. The hairs are soft, dense, and the hairs do not split and stray. Since they were finally having in store sale, I used the gift certificates I received to buy the blush brush.

It comes in a cute packaging! I love the box that it comes with. They have such cute characters on it. You can use the packaging for other things. For example, you can put beads into the packaging and use it as a brush holder.
Each brush comes with a character. For the blush brush, it's Siberia. She's part of the royal family. To be honest, I don't know much about the characters. I just think they're cute! :X

Compared to the other brushes in this line, the blush brush is top heavy!!! It took me several weeks to get comfortable using this.
The synthetic hair is white with pink tips. It matches with the ferrule, metallic pink. It's so feminine and adorable. One thing I love about the hair is that it never sheds, as well as, it doesn't split and stray. I have a lot of brushes that split and stray after some months. It hurts the face, as well as, pointless to have a brush only for couple of months.

The blush brush is angled and I think it's great for contouring. I actually use it more a contour than a blush. I contour my cheekbones and jawline with a bronzer. It works really well! It's great as a blush too especially if you're travelling. You can use it as both as a contour and blush. It saves the trip to carry more things than you need. ;)

Pros:
* Tokidoki; love the characters.
* Cuteness!
* Comes in a cute packaging.
* Synthetic hair.
* Tip of the hair is colored.
* Soft.
* Dense.
* Does not shed.
* Hair does not split or stray.
* Great for contouring.
* Universal brush; blush and contouring.
* Only need this brush to travel for blush and contouring.

Cons:
* Comes with a character on top; makes it difficult to put in a cup.
* Top heavy.
* Bulky.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

3 comments:

Chriselle Sy said...

For me this is cute but way too overpriced... at the same time part of me is going "ITS SO CUTE!"

Anyway, "top heavy" makes me think of those huge erasers I used to stick on top my pencil when I was a kid.

Janet said...

lovely hauls! those tokidoki brush are so cute ^_^~

Bonnie said...

Sephora hauls are the best! I can spend hours in there.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...