Thursday, January 31, 2013

Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream

I've been using Aveeno eye cream end of last year, 2012, and I'm almost to the end of this product. I better review this product before I finish it.

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at aveeno.com
Price: about $17.99 for 0.5 fl oz/ 15mL

Made in Canada

Description from the back: A moisturizing eye cream that works with your unique skin and is clinically shown to
* visibly lift and firm skin around the eyes
* reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles
* visibly reduce dark circles and brighten appearance of eye area
And because it's from Aveeno it's gentle enough for even sensitive skin.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I first received this product, I was excited to try an eye cream to prevent future aging. Before I talk about the product, let's talk about the packaging. I want to apologize for not taking many pictures of this product. I also want to apologize for not the greatest quality first picture. I took it long time ago before using this product. I honestly think I take better pictures now.

Now for the packaging... I'm not too sure if this is an older version of the eye cream. On the box, it says "NEW!" but the picture from the Aveeno website is different. So I really cannot say. If this is a newer version, I actually like the packaging. It reminds me of a lotion in a smaller version, mini-size. It's so cute and I hardly see eye creams in a pump container. Most eye creams come in a tube or a jar. I tend to like my eye creams in a tube and now pump container. It's just sanitary safe. I also like that we have full control of the amount the product pumps. Sometimes the pump squeezes a certain amount which you have no control over. It can pump more or less of what you need. There is no issue with this product.

Now for the scent... It smells like most Aveeno products, sweet and fruity. If you don't like fruity scents, you don't have to worry. You hardly can smell the product while using it on your eyes.
Here's a swatch of the eye cream. It's on the thicker consistency with a slight yellow tone.

Now for my opinion.... This eye cream is definitely meant for people who want to prevent aging around the skin. For that reason, the consistency is thick and it moisturizes the area. If you have oily lids, it can be on the heavy side. If you have dry lids and under eyes, it will hydrate it. I wouldn't say it's the most moisturizing product out there, but it's decent. I also like that it's easy to apply and sinks into your skin. It's very quick and you do not have to wait a long time for it to absorb. Like I said, it's good to prevent aging. If you already have wrinkles and dark circle, this product isn't for you. I have wrinkles or my co-worker would say I have a lot of laugh lines *sigh* and slight dark circle. After using this product, I have not noticed any difference or any improvements.

Pros:
* Aveeno; a brand that uses natural ingredients.
* Cute packaging; a mini-size lotion.
* Comes in a pump.
* Full control of the amount it pumps.
* Sanitary safe.
* Sweet, fruity scent.
* Scent isn't noticeable on the eyes.
* Easy application.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Prevents future aging and dark circles.

Cons:
* If you have oily lids, can be on the heavy side.
* Will not improve already seen wrinkles and dark circle.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am an Aveeno Ambassador, but I am not getting paid to advertise. This post is written with my honest opinion.

8 comments:

Jamie Panganiban said...

I've always thought of eye creams to be just a marketing strategy for older women. To me, they're like rich moisturizers that they put in the eye. Hahaha. Anyway, regarding the maybelline concealer. I know what you're saying, but that's a different one. its more white, isn't it? Its for spots i think. to whiten spots or something like that..

Raimar Guevara said...

Well actually the products of this brand my attention because they have natural ingredients but cuandolos evo in the pharmacy are too expensive. Maybe sometime I crazy anime shopping and buy some. Very interesting.

Xoxo

Ahleessa said...

I'm sure there's really great eye creams out there, but I just haven't found one... hehe~ I guess you can say they are moisturizers for the eyes. We, okay maybe me, need them to prevent wrinkles. :P


I'm not too sure about the packaging of the Maybelline concealer. While I was reading your blog post, I saw the commercial and thought they looked different... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

What does cuandolos evo mean? It's great there are products out there that use natural ingredients. That's why I love Aveeno so much. :)

Jamie Panganiban said...

Hahaha. I haven't seen a difference in my mom's eyes when she used those. But I think she has this estee lauder one which she used for years and she even puts it in the fridge. I would buy an eye cream if it really banished dark circles!


I saw those maybelline concealers at target the other day and also on one haul video from youtube. i'll wait for more reviews.


Hahaha. what accent? Thanks for the comment. It was really awkward filming -_- always! It felt weird, like you were a crazy person talking to yourself in front of a mirror. Plus I got irritated because I always exceeded the time limit of 15mins. The excessive "uhms" didn't help either. Hahaha.

sleepandwater said...

I've not started using a targeted eye cream but I'm always a little bit skeptical whether any anti-ageing product really works. But sounds like this product could be good for general prevention and caring for that delicate under eye area.

Ahleessa said...

You're so right I haven't seen eye creams that work, but I'm still hopeful... hehe~


If I did make a video, I think I would feel uncomfortable as well. So I completely understand you! :)

Ahleessa said...

From the looks of your pictures, you don't even need an eye cream. You are right though. I haven't seen one eye cream that worked for me, but I am still hopeful... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...