Thursday, September 12, 2013

BA*Star Zebra Lip Gloss in Super Sparkle

Disclaimer:  The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I received a lipgloss from BA*Star. If you're like me and you don't know about BA*Star, they're the #1 with cheerleaders, dancers, competitors and trend setters. I was originally suppose to get their Stardust eyeshadow but instead I was shocked to see a lipgloss in my package.

Product Review: BA*Star Zebra Lip Gloss in Super Sparkle

Where to purchase: bastar.com
Price: $8.75 for duo lipgloss

Ingredients:
Thoughts: My initial reaction was a little lost not because I did not receive the product I'm suppose to get. I was lost because I had no idea what I got.
Here's a closer look at the front. To be honest with all the glitters I saw, I thought it as a liquid eyeliner.
I was expecting to see a word like eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipgloss, and so on but there was no name whatsoever on the packaging. There was none even in the bottom of the product. It didn't even list the color of the product. Then it hit me! It's a lip product because of the lip on the back. That's when I went onto their website to figure out what I got. Maybe they intentionally did that so people will check out their website. Pretty genius if they did!
Here's a closer look of the lipgloss. It's very sheer with a lot of sparkles.
Here's a picture of the sponge-tip applicator. You can definitely see the sparkles on the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lipgloss. The sparkles look more like glitters in this picture, but they're not.

Here's a look with the lipgloss...
Since it's so sheer, I topped it on top of Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Pink Please. If you do a light application of the lipgloss, it just makes the lipstick shinier and you don't see that much sparkles which is what I did. If you use a thick application, you will definitely see the sparkles.
Here's an overall look with the lipstick and BA*Star lipgloss.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it smells heavenly. It took me couple of days to figure out what the smell reminds me of. It smells like bubble gum! I personally like the scent, and think it will suit everyone from young children to adults. With that said, I'm not too sure about the packaging. I think the packaging is targeted for young children to teenagers. In my opinion, I would carry the lipgloss but I don't mind carrying child-like products. It makes me feel like a child at heart. Then again, not everyone is like me. Secondly, I think this will be great for children who wants to wear lipgloss. This will be a perfect dress up item. It's not too opaque, actually it's sheer, for the child to wear and it's the perfect glossiness with a hint of sparkles. The best part is that the product isn't sticky. When it comes to lasting power, I cannot stay for the product itself since I haven't tried it alone. I only tired the lipgloss on top of lipsticks. It lasted all day until I ate or drank something. That's pretty good I might say!

Pros:
* Smells like bubble gum.
* Hint of sparkles.
* Not sticky.
* Pretty on top of colors, lipsticks.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Cannot test out before purchasing.
* Cannot purchase alone; comes in a duo.
* Child-like packaging.
* Does not list the product or name of the color.
* Sheer.

Would repurchase: I wouldn't repurchase but it's fun having one.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

BA*Star was kind enough to give my readers a discount to their website. The code expires September 30th, 2013. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if yo use the code.

Disclaimer:  The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Ahleessa said...

Lol~ You just cracked me up! You just have a kid at heart just like me. I would rock this as well! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...