Monday, November 25, 2013

Manicure Monday: Morgan Taylor in Under the Stars

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This nail polish store I go to has Morgan Taylor stand, and every time I see it I'm so drawn to. I gave in and bought two polishes.

Where to purchase: stores that carry Morgan Taylor and online at morgantaylorlacquer.com
Price: $4.25 for 15mL/ 0.5 fl oz

Made in USA

Thoughts: When it comes to purchasing a new brand or product, I try to purchase only one. It's always good to try before purchasing more. Of course, that's not always the case. This was one of that incident! I fell in love with a lot of the colors but I had to eliminate to two.
Here's a closer look at Under the Stars. It's very true to color!
Here's a look at the brush. Compared to OPI, I have to say it's the same width. I've always compared OPI as a medium-width. I've seen thinner and wider brushes.
This is 2 coats of polish with Seche Vite Top Coat. It's a gorgeous navy color with a lot of glitters.
Here's closer look of the polish on my hands.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's easy to apply. It goes smoothly and it's very opaque. I did 2 coats but you can actually do one thick if you prefer. It also comes with different sizes of glitters and thankfully, they're on the small size. They do not stick out that you have to smooth onto your nails. I also found that it's easy to grab the glitters with each usage. They do not sink to the bottom of the polish. Secondly, in the picture you can tell it's dark blue/navy polish. In certain angles, it can actually look black with navy glitters especially indoors. Third, this is where I was disappointed. The polish only lasted 3 days and it wasn't small chips. It was big chunks at the tip. Finally, it's not the easiest to remove. It does take some effort but it isn't as bad as some glitter polishes. I would compare the removal as similar to OPI Liquid Sands.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP.
* Medium-width brush.
* Easy to apply.
* Goes on smooth.
* Pigmented.
* Comes in different, small sizes of glitters.
* Glitters do not stick out that you need to smooth.
* Easy to grab glitters on the brush.
* Glitters do not sink to the bottom.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Chips within 3 days.
* Big chunks of chipping at the tip.
* Takes effort to remove.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Lena L said...

woa, this reminds me of the legendary essie starry starry night.
very pretty!!!

shinyprettythings said...

Omg so pretty!!! I love dark glitters. Perfect for the holidays w/o being too blingy

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! :) I agree it's perfect for the holidays.

Ahleessa said...

Ahhh~ It's discontinued. I'm sure people can find it online somewhere. It'll be a lot more expensive... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...