Monday, May 26, 2014

Manicure Monday: Butter London in Jaffa

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.


Happy Memorial Day!!! I hope everyone is having a good day. :)


I'm back with Manicure Monday. The color I wanted to wear fits with the spring/summer trend, hot orange. I wore a polish from Butter London.
Since I did a thorough review of Butter London in Muggins, I will base this polish, Butter London in Jaffa, on that. I actually bought this nail polish last year. I can't recall when I purchased it but I didn't have a chance to wear it until now.
Just like all Butter London, it comes with an extra top.
Here's a closer picture of the color and it's very true! On the website, they describe the color as "a juicy, orange nail lacquer that's seedless, but potent as Hell."
Here's a picture of the brush. I tend to consider OPI as a medium width brush. Butter London compared to OPI is thinner. I wouldn't say the thinnest brush, but in-between thin to medium.
I applied Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Butter London in Jaffa, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I actually like the consistency. It's not too thick that I have trouble painting and it's not too thin that it feels like liquid. It also goes on smoothly, there's no streaking, and I didn't see any bubbles. Basically, it's an easy application. Not only that, the color is gorgeous! I've seen a lot of coral/peachy colors but hardly any hot orange. I definitely do not have a similar color in my collection. For that reason, I think it's unique. This is one color I definitely do not regret purchasing. Secondly, I tend to not like thinner brushes but this actually did not bother me. It was easy to use and paint. Lastly, the lasting power was 4 days before I noticed chipping. It's one of those polishes that chip a little at the tip.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Butter London reviews/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

8 comments:

Elena Dal Maso said...

Lovely shade indeed! I'm not sure I can find this brand in Italy :)
Have a nice week :)



xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

Lucie said...

Gorgeous color! I love it, it's perfect for summer!

Sachi said...

Oh man that color is amazing!

Kim A. said...

That color is VERY unique! I'm loving it Ahleessa. I think I saw the name, but never the swatch. Looks and sounds good. Love Butter London!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ahleessa said...

I'm sure you can find similar color in other brands. It is a gorgeous color!

Ahleessa said...

It is perfect for summer! :)

Ahleessa said...

It is! I love it and it's perfect for the trend, hot orange.

Ahleessa said...

It's definitely unique in my collection. You should get one. I can see you rock it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...