Friday, May 23, 2014

Purederm Essence Mask in Apricot and Watermelon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me as a gift. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I haven't reviewed sheet masks in a long time. For this post, I will review some masks I was gifted from a friend.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed TonyMoly Essential Mask in Aloe and Pomegranate and Etude House Essence Mask in Hyaluronic Acid. For this post, I will focus on Purederm.
Product Review: Purederm Essence Mask in Apricot and Purederm Essence Mask in Watermelon

Where to purchase: stores that sell Purederm and online at purederm.com
Price: $1-2 for 23 mL

Made in Korea

Description from the package:
Apricot:
* Sheet type essence mask: easy & effective skin recovery treatment
* 23 mL/ sheet: contains more essence
* Apricot Extract: exfoliating, moisturizing & nourishing skin
* Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root): preventing skin trouble and making skin healthy
* Vitamin E & Collagen: increasing skin elasticity and brightening

Watermelon:
* Sheet type essence mask: easy & effective skin recovery treatment
* 23 mL/ sheet: contains more essence
* Watermelon Extract: skin soothing & moisturizing
* Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root): preventing skin trouble and making skin healthy
* Vitamin E & Collagen: increasing skin elasticity and brightening
Ingredients:
Apricot:
Watermelon:
Thoughts: I've heard of Purederm masks and always wanted to try them. I just couldn't find them in the Korean stores. For that reason, when I received these sheet masks I was stoked. From the two, I was most excited to try watermelon. It's so unique. For that reason, I tried watermelon first.
The packaging is so simple and I love the color. For some odd reason, watermelon isn't listed on their website. Either they're discontinued or sold out.
Here's the packaging for apricot.
Here's how the mask looked on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, both masks had a scent. I wasn't too keen on the watermelon scent. It was very waxy smell and just unappealing. Whereas, the apricot was sweet and actually smelled fruity. It smelled like an apricot. It was heavenly! Secondly, it had a decent amount of leftover essence. There was enough to apply onto the neck for that singular night. If you're looking to use the essence for the following days, this isn't it. Third, the sheet itself isn't completely thick but it definitely isn't thin. The thickness is pretty decent or at least for me. I also thought the dimension was good. I love that it has enough to cover the jawline. I just wish the nose area was a little bit bigger for my wide nose. Lastly, I noticed the essence dried quickly after I took off the mask or either my skin just absorbed it. Even though my skin absorbed the essence, I still didn't have to apply moisturizer afterwards. I let the essence work it's power overnight. In the morning, my skin looked hydrated and youthful.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of scents.
* Apricot was sweet and smelled like a fruit.
* Leftover essence to use on the neck.
* The thickness of the mask is on the medium; not too thin that it'll rip and not too thick to weigh it down.
* My skin absorbed the essence quickly.
* Hydrating; did not have to moisturize afterwards.
* Skin felt smoother.
* Look youthful the next day.

Cons:
* Can be hard to find in stores.
* Watermelon smelled waxy.
* Sheet mask in the nose are is too thin and short.

Would repurchase: Yes, for apricot.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other sheet masks reviewed/swatched:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me as a gift. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

16 comments:

Marianna De Luca said...

I never try it :)

Marianna,

THE ADVENTURES OF A
SHOPAHOLIC


THE
ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC ON FACEBOOK

Jens Ken Lundstrom said...

Great review!
Looks like a wonderful mask!

MilanoTime said...

Aww babe it seems a great mask <3
hugs
http://www.milanotime.net

Sachi said...

watermelon is one of those scents that is so often gross smelling. Maybe because a real watermelon doesn't have a strong scent so they just go a bit overboard? One of these days I will finally try a sheet mask! They always sound so interesting.

Kim A. said...

I've heard of the other brands, but not this one. So thanks for the introduction Ahleessa. I noticed that some scents can come across artificial whereas others smell like the real deal. It can be very hit or miss. Watermelon can be a very nice scent! I was worried that it would be sticky. But it's not. HaHaHa Sounds like it works well. Just a few hiccups. Excellent review.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

BlushandBarbells said...

thanks for the review and the list of your other reviews - i've seen these sheet masks at Korean stores and have always wondered about them

Ahleessa said...

Hrmmm~ okay. :/

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! It is. :)

Ahleessa said...

Do you have a blog? Just out of curiosity...

Ahleessa said...

Thank you!

Ahleessa said...

It is! :)

Ahleessa said...

Hrmmm~ You know I always thought watermelon had a strong scent. I could definitely distinguish the smell from other scents. You haven't tried sheet masks!?!? Girl, you need to try one only if you have dry skin. It makes a big difference or at least for me. ;)

Ahleessa said...

No problem. This isn't well known but it's a good brand. Sticky? What do you mean sticky?

Ahleessa said...

I think you will like sheet masks or at least in my opinion.

Jens Ken Lundstrom said...

No, but thinking about opening one...

Ahleessa said...

If you open one, tell me. I'll check it out. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...