Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Nelson j Argan Oil 7 5-in-1 Moisture Healing Shampoo in Pomegranate

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

It's been two months since I got my hair colored by the celebrity colorist Nelson Chan from Nelson j Salon.
You can read my experience of getting Hair Color at Nelson j Salon. Let me tell you, you really need to experience getting your hair color by him. Even though my roots are growing out, my hair looks like it doesn't even need a touch up. It's looks natural and that's how amazing he is!

Not only that, the hair products from his brand Nelson j is amazing. I was lucky enough to receive two products from his line.

I already reviewed Nelson j Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask. For this post, I will review the shampoo.
Product Review: Nelson j Argan Oil 7 5-in-1 Moisture Healing Shampoo in Pomegranate

Where to purchase: Nelson j Salon and online at nelsonjhaircare.com
Price: $16 for 6.7 oz/ 200 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website:
Quick Overview
- It features 5 in 1 formula for hair that has been weakened or damaged by color, chemical processing or heat styling.
- First Argan Oil based shampoo that gently cleanses and infuses each strand with antioxidant-rich argan oil and highly reparative keratin, proteins and other nutrients.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Arganate (derived from Argan Oil), Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate (derived from Coconut Oil), Decyl Glucoside (derived from Coconut Oil and Sugar), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (derived from Coconut Oil), PEG-150 Distearate (Derived from Coconut Oil), Glycol Stearate (derived from Coconut Oil), Phenoxyethanol (derived from alcohol), Benzyl Alcohol (derived from flowers), Potassium Sorbate (derived from Sorbic Acid), Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance.
Thoughts: When I first received the shampoo, I was excited. Who doesn't need more shampoo!?!? I know I'm always in need of shampoos. Before I talk about the shampoo, I couldn't find the Pomegranate scent on the website. I did find the Coconut scent from the same line.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, pomegranate smells heavenly! If you're not into sweet fruity scent, this isn't for you. I tend to gravitate towards fruity scent and for that reason, this fits into my style. Secondly, I love how it doesn't take that much effort to clean the scalp and the hair around that area. Yes, I do not shampoo my hair from mid-way to the ends. I was told by the colorist Nelson Chan there's no point in shampooing that area. I only needed to condition and keep up with the color. It really does make sense since we produce oil on the root and the concept of shampooing is to clean. I also love that it quickly produces slight foamy texture and lathers the area. Third, it's extremely light weight and it doesn't weigh my hair down. I tend to have heavy hair and most products weigh it down. Lastly and in my opinion the best part, it didn't change my hair color. I was worried the hair products would change or make it more ashy.

Pros:
* Sweet fruity scent.
* Light weight.
* Lathers quickly.
* Does not weigh hair down.
* Keeps the root clean for 2 days.
* Color protector; did not change the hair color.

Cons:
* Cannot find this easily in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


If you want to visit Nelson j Salon, here's the address.

350 N. Bedfore Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 274-1553

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Kim A. said...

Hey Ahleessa! I've been hearing about Argan oil products. The shampoo and mask sound wonderful. Hope all is well with you.

Jens Ken Lundstrom said...

Lovely review!
I m a big fan of Argan Oil, specially in this season it s nice to hydrate my skin but also to protect my hair.
Have a nice day!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! Argan Oil is very worthwhile product. I hope you have a great day yourself!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I hope you're doing well yourself and Argan Oil are great products.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...