Wednesday, September 2, 2015

L'Oreal Colour Riche La Lacque in Choco-Lacque

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I first heard about the lip pens from L'Oreal, I was sad I missed it. So when they brought it back, I had to grab some.

I bought one from each line, Le Matte and La Lacque.
Here are the lip pens I bought. The first one I will review is from the La Lacque.
Product Review: L'Oreal Colour Rich La Lacque in #209 Choco-Lacque

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $9.99 for 0.032 oz/ 900 mg

Made in USA

Description from the website: Velvety Matte or Irresistibly Glossy Pigment-Riche color, perfectly precise.

Introducing Colour Riche Le Matte & La Lacque, the newest format in lipcolor. The sleek, sophisticated pen offers highly pigmented color that glides on effortlessly in one precise stroke. Available in 2 iconic finishes, creamy Matte & smooth Lacquer. Use it anywhere, anytime - it's the newest makeup designer must-have.
Ingredients:
ISODODECANE, POLYETHYLENE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, ISOHEXADECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, CAMPHOR, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, ALUMINA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE,BHT, ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS OIL / SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, TOCOPHEROL, ROSA CANINA FLOWER EXTRACT, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, SILICA, TIN OXIDE [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 7 LAKE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 6, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE, CI 16035 / RED 40, CI 73360 / RED 30, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 15850 / RED 6 LAKE, CI 73360 / RED 30 LAKE, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 16035 / RED 40 LAKE, CI 17200 / RED 33 LAKE]
Thoughts: When I first saw this at the drugstore, I was extremely excited. I've heard great things about this line. I've heard it's one of the best lip pencils people have tried. What more can I ask for!
Here's how the pencil looks when you take the top off. I like that the product isn't sticking out and can get damaged from opening and closing the top.
Here's how the product looks when you twist the packaging. The color doesn't seem to match the packaging, but it does in person. I don't know what happened to the picture.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how Choco-Lacque looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it smells like every L'Oreal lip products. For that reason, I tend to avoid lip products from L'Oreal. This isn't as bad. It has the same distinct smell which I'm not a fan of, but it doesn't last that long. I would say I can smell it for couple of minutes. Then it disappears. For that reason, I can deal with this product. Secondly, this product is extremely creamy and goes on smoothly. I love how easily you can apply the product, and no matter what you cannot make a mistake. It's one of those lip products that's easy to apply without a lip liner and you don't have to worry about the edges. It looks perfectly applied. Third, I got the lightest color from the La Lacque line. If this color is opaque, I can imagine the others being really pigmented. Plus, it also doesn't have sparkles or glitters. It's a glossy, sleek color. Fourth, I love the color! It's one of those colors you can wear in daily basis that will look great with everything. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank.

Pros:
* Comes in a pen/cil form.
* Automatic.
* Smell doesn't linger.
* Creamy consistency and texture.
* Doesn't tug on the lips.
* Goes on easily.
* Cannot make a mistake applying.
* Opaque.
* No sparkles/glitters.
* Glossy.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Typical L'Oreal lip scent.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
Colour Riche La Palette
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes
Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...