Monday, March 14, 2016

Manicure Monday: Julep in Susie

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


I apologize how sporadic my posts are. I'm still struggling with this awful cold. It's been way past two weeks and I'm still not completely healed. I'm just glad I got my appetite back. I would like to believe that's a start of recovery. Anyways, most of my Julep polishes I received from a friend.

I already reviewed Renee (far left), Georgia (middle), and Sally (far right). For this post, I will review the fourth from the left.
This is Julep in Susie. I'm not too sure if this is discontinued but I cannot find it on their website. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color and I have to say it's pretty true!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's a lot thinner and slightly shorter. The length isn't that much shorter but it is shorter. The width, on the other side, is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of Julep in Susie, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. I found it difficult to paint around the cuticles but that's just me. Most people are good even with thin brushes. I'm just not experienced. Secondly, I was expecting the consistency to be on the thick side. From my experience, most solid pastel colors tend to be thick. It actually was in-between thin to medium. I was pretty impressed! It made it easy to paint the nails and not worry about going quickly before it became a little bit tacky. I find it hard to paint the nails when it starts getting tacky. Again, it could just be me. With that said, it went on smoothly and there was no streaking and bubbles. Third, the color is gorgeous and perfect for spring/summer season. I'm used to mint to light blue colors but this is more on the white side with slight light blue color. It's definitely unique but you can find similar colors in other brands. I just don't own any in this color. Lastly, it didn't chip much on the tips. I noticed slight shrinking on the tips on the fifth day. On the sixth day, there was some chip at the ends of the tips. The thing I found weird is around the cuticles since I didn't do a good job, I noticed chipping on the third day. The parts that got coated once around the cuticles chipped quicker than parts that got two coats. You definitely need to make sure it's painted twice or else there will be chipping.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...