Monday, March 28, 2016

Manicure Monday: Pixi in Wakeup Wisteria

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


I apologize for the sporadic posts. The last month has been a very difficult time on my body. I usually get better 2-7 days, but this one lasted a long time. I just hope I'm over the bump and I'm in the process of getting better. Anyways in January 2016, I attended Generation Beauty LA. It was a full weekend, both Saturday and Sunday.

I got these either through the brands at the event or in my goody bags. I already reviewed Benefit They're Real! Mascara (top middle), and Laneige BB Cushion in Light (top middle). For this post, I will review the Pixi nail polish on the bottom right.
Product Review: Pixi in #051 Wakeup Wisteria

Where to purchase: Target and online at pixibeauty.com
Price: $8 for 7 mL/ 0.25 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: Formulated for high definition, super smooth application with a chip-resistant finish and built-in UV protection to prevent polish discolouration.
Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Anhydride Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1. May Contain: [+/- D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 34 Calcium Lake (CI 15880:1), D&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red Iron Oxide (CI 77489), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Black Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)].
Thoughts: We got this in exchange for a ticket. If you have never gone to Generation Beauty, basically you get one ticket for each brand. You exchange the ticket for the free item the brand is giving. Pixi was giving out nail polishes in purple and yellow in exchange. My friend and I thought purple was prettier than yellow so we choose this color.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "cool medium lilac" and I have to agree!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, the width is thinner and the length is shorter. I would say the width is in-between thin to medium.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of Pixi in Wakeup Wisteria, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all and even though the brush is on the thin side, I actually did not find it hard to paint around the cuticles. Of course, the picture doesn't say that. Trust me it look better in person than the picture. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium side. It's definitely not thin but it's also not thick. It's a little bit different. When I first applied the polish, I didn't think it was thick. I thought it was a good consistency. Towards the end, I noticed it got thicker the longer the polish was open. I'm not too sure why some polishes do this, but it made me paint faster towards the end because of the thicker consistency. With that said, it went on smoothly and there was no streaking and bubbles. Third, it's a gorgeous spring/summer color. With that said, do I think the color is unique? No, there's a lot of brands with this color. I'm sure I own quite a few. Lastly, I noticed shrinkage on the third day. On the fifth day, it started chipping at the ends of the tips. It wasn't small chips. It started small but it got bigger fast.

Pros:
* Not hard to paint around the cuticles.
* Medium consistency.
* Went on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Gorgeous spring/summer color.
* Started chipping on the fifth day.

Cons:
* Thin brush.
* Got thicker with usage.
* Color isn't unique.
* Shrinkage on the third day.
* The chips got huge fast.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...