Friday, April 29, 2016

Lancome Auda[City] in Paris Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I went to Vanity Fair for Oscar 2016 end of February, I received some products from their Social Shop.

I already reviewed Viktor & Rolf Perfume in Bonbon (dark pink box on the top left) and Lancome in Rose Haussmann nail polish (pink in the bottom left). For this post, I will review the Lancome eyeshadow palette in the bottom middle.
Product Review: Lancome Auda[City] in Paris

Where to purchase: ULTA, department stores, and online at lancome-usa.com
Price: $69 for 16 x 1.3 g/ 0.045 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: How Audacious are you today? Designed by Lisa Eldridge and inspired by the streets of Paris, Lancome's first multi-pan eyeshadow palette has 16 beautiful shades in 4 finishes that let you bring Paris wherever you go. Pick a chic look for the day, an audacious look for the night, or anything that falls in between.

This set contains:
Filigree (light gold shimmer)
Choquette (peach matte)
Parfait (light pink matte)
Kitten Heel (gold copper shimmer)
Joie (golden-bronze shimmer)
Voyage (muted purple matte)
Sante (brown matte)
Eclair (purple metallic)
Exhibition (orchid shimmer)
Zip Me Up (deep purple shimmer)
Volcano (silvery gray shimmer)
Clock Strikes 12 (gray mettalic)
Audacious (smokey brown shimmer)
Couture (dark brown matte)
"It" List (black matte)
Nuit (black mettalic)

Dual ended brush
Ingredients:
TALC, TRIISOSTEARIN, HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TIN OXIDE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SILICA, ALUMINA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, POLYURETHANE-11
Thoughts: When I first saw this, I really wanted it. For that reason, I was extremely stoke to receive this!
Here's how the palette looks open.
Here's a closer look at the 16 eyeshadows from top to bottom, left to right; Filigree, Chouquette, Parfait, Joie, Voyage, Sante, Exhibition, Zip Me Up, Volcano, Audacious, Couture, "It" List, Kitten Heel, Tenacity, Clock Strikes 12, and Nuit.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows, Zip Me Up.
It comes with a double-ended brush.
Here's a closer look at one of the double-ended brush.
Here's how the other end look.

Now for swatches on my hand...
Here's the first four on the left from top to bottom, left to right; Filigree, Chouquette, Parfait, and Kitten Heel.
Here's the next four from top to bottom, left to right; Joie, Voyage, Sante, and Tenacity.
Here's the next four from top to bottom, left to right; Exhibition, Zip Me Up, Volcano, and Clock Strikes 12.
Here's the last four from top to bottom, left to right; Audacious, Couture, "It" List, and Nuit.

Now for looks I did...
Look #1:
I applied Joie on the lid and blended out with Audacious on the crease and outer v.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever Artist Lip Blush in Exalted Rosewood on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Volcano on the lid, and blended it out with Audacious on the crease and outer v. Then I applied Filigree on the lid to add more sparkle.
Here's another look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look and I have Make Up For Ever Artist Lip Blush in Exalted Rosewood on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied Kitten Heel on the lid, and blended out with Couture on the crease and outer v.
Here's another look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look and I have Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Gloss Stain in Corail Aquatique on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is extremely attractive. It's well-made, sturdy, and I love the design on the palette. On the other hand, it's heavy and I'm not too sure if it's just mine but I have trouble opening the palette. I need to dig into the opening to open the palette. I get scared that I'll break my nails by doing this. Thankfully, I haven't so far! With that said, it's travel-friendly and it comes with double-ended brush and a mirror. Secondly, the consistency is smooth and buttery. It goes on easily and blends well together. Not only that, I hardly noticed any fall outs in the palette. Third, it's an extremely versatile palette. The shadows range from light to dark and they're pigmented. The colors look great together. You can wear it naturally or smoke it out for the night out. Not only that, you don't need any other shadows with this palette. I don't know if you guys are like me but I prefer palettes over single shadows. It's easy to have everything in one packaging than reaching for several single shadows. Plus, you don't need to think much because you know the colors are meant for each other. Lastly, it lasted all day on me without smudging and creasing. It's great for all skin types including oily lid individuals. It also did not fade. It looked fresh at the end of the day.

Pros:
* Adorable drawing on the packaging!
* Professional looking palette.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Travel-friendly.
* Well-made double ended brush.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Smooth and buttery consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Blends well together.
* No fall outs.
* Versatile palette.
* Opaque.
* Great for day to night out.
* Did not smudge.
* Did not crease.
* Did not fade.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Heavy.
* Hard to open.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone
Hypnose Star Mascara
Vernis In Love Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...