Friday, August 19, 2016

Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I had to go through my blog posts to figure out when I purchased this moisturizer from Nature Republic. I actually got it in 2013 at the Korean Festival.

Here are the items I bought and were given samples. I already reviewed Nature Republic Given By Nature Mask in Aloe (middle) and Nature Republic Aqua Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Mask (right). For this post I will review the moisturizer on the left.
Product Review: Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

Where to purchase: Nature Republic store and online at naturerepublic.com
Price: $9.99 for 300 mL/ 10.56 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the package: Enriched with 92% aloe vera! Mild formula free from paraben, mineral oil and artificial colors. This soothing gel with 92% organic aloe vera certified by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) can be used to mildly moisturize various parts of the body such as the face, arms, legs, and hair.
Thoughts: I've always heard about this product but was never intrigued to get it until I heard it's the #1 product in Korea. Then that changed my mind!
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a scent. It actually reminds me of aloe vera but less compared to the plant. Secondly, it's a gel consistency. It's very cooling as I apply the moisturizer on my skin. Cooling in the sense it's slightly cold on the skin not cooling in the tingling sensation. I'm not the biggest fan of tingling products. Even though it's slightly cold, it feels so good on the skin. It'll be great on sunburns. The cooling sensation will calm the burn, as well as, it has the benefits of aloe vera plants. With that said, it's very light-weight. It'll be great for normal to oily skin individuals, as well as for summer time when you don't need thicker moisturizer. Third, this is very comparable to aloe vera plants. It smells like it, it has a cooling sensation, light-weight, and so on. The only difference I can think of is the stickiness. When I was younger and having in-between light to medium skin, I would burn easily. My parents grew aloe vera plants in the backyard. My mom would apply the plant on my burns and I wasn't the biggest fan. It was mad sticky. Everything would stick onto the aloe vera plant on my skin from clothes to my bed sheets. Thankfully, this moisturizer isn't as sticky as aloe vera plants but it has slight stickiness. As soon as you apply the product and wait for it to dry, there's stickiness but it's only for couple of minutes. I prefer this than aloe vera plants. With all this said, I honestly don't know if this is better than aloe vera plants. I try to avoid getting sunburns since it's not good for the skin. I have nothing to compare with. Lastly, I've been using this product to hydrate. It's not completely drying but it's also not completely hydrating. My skin feels soft and I haven't really seen dry patches. Then again I've only been using this during this summer weather. Even after applying the product, I feel slight tingling sensation from dryness especially on my forehead. I also noticed my wrinkles are more visible. I feel like my skin isn't jumping back to normal after I apply moisturizer. Do I think it's the #1 product? Not for me personally.

Pros:
* Smells like aloe vera.
* Gel consistency.
* Cooling sensation.
* Great on sunburns.
* Light-weight.
* Great for normal to oily skin individuals.
* Not drying.

Cons:
* Slight stickiness.
* Not hydrating.
* Slight tingling sensation from dryness.
* Skin doesn't jump back to normal.
* Visible wrinkles.

Would repurchase: Maybe for sunburn.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Nature Republic products reviewed/swatch:
Given By Nature Mask
Aloe
Real Gel Tint
Pink

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...