Wednesday, September 28, 2016

MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Smoked Almond

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I haven't visited a MAC counter/store in ages. I actually went for the new limited edition Liptensity Collection that came out September 21, 2016 in stores.

I ended up purchasing two lip products. One is the Liptensity and the other is a matte lipstick. I saw one of the workers wearing a gorgeous color and she was Asian as well. I decided to ask and if it was a multiple of lip products, I'll pass. I'm very simple when it comes to wearing lip colors. I prefer to wear one color at a time. The most I will go is two; lipliner and lip color/lip color and lipgloss. I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask and thankfully, it was only a lipstick. It didn't look the same but I still like it on me. Anyways, now for the Liptensity.
Product Review: MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Smoked Almond

Where to purchase: MAC counter/stores and online at maccosmetics.com
Price: $21 for 3.6 g/ 0.12 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: A brilliant new Lipstick formula that pushes the boundaries of colour. Each Lipstick holds intense amounts of pigment, resulting in extreme colour intensity, clarity and vibrancy. This luxurious gelled base melts on contact, providing fully saturated colour with a satin finish in one stroke.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I first read it online, I was intrigued. Then I saw YouTube videos and I wanted it more. I knew I would go for the neutral colors but I wasn't sure which one. I couldn't decide between two colors; Doe and Smoked Almond. I decided to go for Smoked Almond.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. I love how the outside color matches the color of the lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describe it as "bright rosebrown." I don't know if I completely agree but it's close enough.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I'm wearing Kate Eye Shadow in BR-1 and NARS Blush in Deep Throat. I'm not too sure why I never reviewed the eyeshadow palette and blush.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while wearing the lipstick. I just sniffed it and it smells nutty, butter-like. It smells like another lip product I own but less. I just can't pinpoint the lip product and I'm not willing to smell every single one I own to find it. Secondly, I like the packaging. It isn't their typical black lipstick tube. Each color on the tube matches the lipstick color. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. Also, I like that it's not cheap quality. It looks like it's made out of metal. You do have to push the top to tighten the tube. It's very travel-friendly and easy to carry. Third, the lipstick is creamy and glides on the lips. There's no tugging involved. With that said, it could be slight difficult to line around the lips because of the shape of the lipstick; it's round with no pointy edges. I had trouble the first time I applied the lip product but after that, it was smooth sailing. It just took some time to get the hang of it. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's a great fall/winter color. I can see myself wearing this often. I also like that it's pretty pigmented for being one of the lightest shade. There's also no shimmer/sparkles and it's not sticky. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. I tend to wipe my mouth after each meal. If I didn't, I could see this lasting longer. It's also not drying. My lips felt hydrated and smooth after wearing this product.

Pros:
* Slight nutty, butter-like scent.
* Outside color of the tube matches the lipstick color.
* Great quality, not cheap packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy.
* Glides on the lips.
* No tugging involved.
* Gorgeous color.
* Pigmented.
* No shimmer and sparkles.
* Not sticky.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.
* Not drying.
* Lips feel comfortable.

Cons:
* Limited edition
* Can be tough the line the outside of the lips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...