Monday, July 10, 2017

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Prismatic Amethyst (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Unfortunately, I won't have Manicure Monday. I like to try polishes for a week before I review it on my blog. It should be back up next week. For this post, I will review one of Becca highlighters.

Product Review: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Prismatic Amethyst

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at beccacosmetics.com
Price: $38 for 7 g/ 0.25 oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: A creamy luminizing powder that veils skin in a soft pearlized glow with a lustrous velvet finish.

Enriched with duo-chrome pigments that reflect & refract light for multi-dimensional radiance. This iridescent lavender highlighter subtly shifts shades as it catches the light for a sophisticated glow. Prismatic Amethyst is infused with gold, violet & rose pearls to create a prismatic effect.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I first saw this product online on Instagram. I thought it was pretty, but it wasn't something I was going to go out and purchase. When I saw it at Sephora, I fell in love with the color. I was debating if I should get it or not until the salesperson told me it's the last one. That sold me.
Here's how it looks inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the highlighter.
Here's a swatch of the highlighter on my hand.
Here's an overall look. I have the highlighter on the tops of the cheeks and bridge/tip of the nose. I have ToSave Women's Rhinestone Lovely Star Moon Stud Earrings on the ears and Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Liner in Lolita on the lips.
Here's a closer look at the highlight on the top of the cheeks.
Here's a closer look at the highlighter on the bridge/tip of the nose.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a plant-based smell. I'm not too sure what it is but it's extremely light. Secondly, I mix feelings about the packaging. I like that it fits with their typical highlighting packaging; the round shape. I hate when brands come with different shape packaging for the same product. It just doesn't match and it doesn't seem organize. It's probably just me who feels that way. I also like the shiny, light lavender. It's such a pretty color. The thing I found odd is dead center of the packaging. It's matte, greenish metal-like. I don't know what they were thinking. It looks like UFO. It just doesn't match the girly, pretty light lavender they were going with. Other than that, I wouldn't say it's completely well-made but it's definitely sturdy. There's no scratches and finger marks. It also has a sturdy opening/closure. It makes a clicking sound when I open and close. I cannot see it open manually, as well as, break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Plus, it comes with a mirror. You just need to carry a brush or you can even use your fingers. Third, the consistency is soft and buttery. It honestly feels like butter in-between my fingers. Since it's buttery, it's not completely compacted. On the other hand, it's not loose. I would say it's in-between medium to thick when it comes to how compacted the particles are. If you do drop the highlighter, there's a good chance the pressed powder would break. I cannot see it break that easily but it will break. With that said, it's easy to use. I use a brush but you can use your fingers. I highlight the tops of the cheeks, under the eyebrows, bridge/tip of the nose, cupid's bow, and so on. You can highlight wherever you like. There's no rules to makeup. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's a shiny/glossy pink/lavender with a twist of white pearl. I know the description sounds strange. The reason why it stood out is the duo-chrome effect depending on the angle you look at. You can see the different colors the light reflects on the highlighter. It's so unique at the time I purchased it. Now, I don't find it that unique. So many brands are coming out with highlighters that are duo-chrome. It's just hard to follow the trend. I just want to look glowy rather than matte. It makes me look more youthful and awake. I also like the geometric shape of the highlighter but that goes away with usage. With that said, the pigmentation is pretty decent. It's not the most pigmented but it's decent. I don't have to layer for the colors to show on the tops of my cheeks. One or two layers is good enough for my light/medium skin tone. Lastly, I'm glad I got this highlighter. It's not something I would use all the time. Most of my makeup are on the warm side. This highlighter in my opinion is more on the cool tone. When I do wear neutral pink to pink, I add this onto the tops of the cheeks and it's gorgeous. It adds a pop of fun into my makeup.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Typical highlighting packaging; the round shape.
* Girly, shiny, light lavender.
* Sturdy packaging.
* No scratches and finger marks.
* Sturdy opening/closure.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Soft, buttery consistency.
* In-between medium to thick when it comes to particles being compacted.
* Easy to use.
* Gorgeous, duo-chrome highlighter.
* Makes me look youthful and awake.
* Gorgeous, geometric shape.
* Pigmented; don't need to layer for the colors to show.
* Cool tone highlighter.
* Adds a pop of fun.

Cons:
* Matte, greenish metal-like UFO in the dead center.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Becca products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...