Monday, July 17, 2017

Sephora PRO Featherweight Fan Brush in #92

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I apologize but I'm skipping Manicure Monday. It should be back next week. In March 2016, I went to The Makeup Show LA 2016.
At the Blogger Preview event, I received some products. I already reviewed MustaeV Maxi Volume Mascara (top middle), Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Lip in Rust (top right), Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (top right), and Esum Pro Finishing Sponges (middle left).
I took this picture from my Instagram. I also bought some products from The Makeup Show LA 2016. I already reviewed Make Up For Ever Artist Lip Blush in Exalted Rosewood (bottom middle), Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter in Sin (middle), and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow (top left).
I got multiple Sephora products either through Blogger Preview or products I bought. For this post, I will review the brush on top that I bought.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $36

Description from the website:
What it is:
A lightweight fan brush that provides a light dusting of translucent powder or shimmer for a soft finish to the face or body.

What it does:
PRO Featherweight Fan Brush is great for lightly applying product because of its size. It can be used as a finishing brush to get into hard-to-reach areas, but also doubles as a setting tool to apply a light, translucent powder coverage. The PRO Featherweight collection bristles have an exacting flexibility-to-stability ratio which provides an aerating effect during application for perfect product payoff. This brush works with powder formulas for a light, natural-looking effect.

What else you need to know:
This product is vegan, 100 percent synthetic, and not tested on animals.
Thoughts: When I saw this brush in person, I fell in love. It's extremely soft, fluffy, and I got it a lot cheaper.
Here's a closer look at the brush hair protector.
Here's a closer look at the brush hair.
Here's a closer look at the brush hair from the tip.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight scent. It just smells refreshing like newly washed brush. That can't be since I haven't washed this brush in awhile. Secondly, I love the packaging. I like simple, black handles with silver ferrule. It's just a simple, classical, professional looking brush. I didn't take a picture but on one side of the handle it says Sephora and the other side lists the type of brush "PRO Featherweight fan 92." The shape of the handle is nice too. It has a slight curve where the thickness is close to the ferrule. I hate when the bottom of the handle is heavier than the top closest to the ferrule. It's uncomfortable when you grab the brush. You can feel the slight unbalance of weight in the hand. I didn't feel that way with this brush. It's comfortable and extremely balanced in the hand. The hair is nice too. It's soft, synthetic, not only to the touch but when I brush against my skin, I don't feel hair pricking the skin. It feels soft like a baby skin. It's also pleasing to the eyes. I like the white hair with the dark tips. Not only that, there's no loose hair sticking out of the ferrule. It's clean and well-made. Third, it's easy to clean. There were no shedding and it did not bleed. It did take some time to dry but once it was dried, it went back to shape. Fourth, I actually bought this brush for highlighting. Now that I have it Brushes for ULTA Your Beautiful Basics Airbrush 101, I tend to use the third brush from the smallest as a highlighter. It's more compacted and the highlighter highlights the tops of the cheeks faster than this brush. This brush from Sephora isn't bad. It just takes a little bit more effort to highlight the tops of the cheeks. While writing this review, I read the description and I don't know why I didn't think of using this brush for setting foundation/concealer with powder. I definitely going to try it out. Lastly, I don't regret getting this brush at all. It's gorgeous, soft, and I've been wanting a fan brush for the longest time. Most fan brushes are either too thin or too short. I read the reviews on Sephora website and a lot of reviewers mentioned it's too long. That's the main reason I wanted this brush, as well as, the thickness. Of course, it didn't work well for highlighting for me but there's no rule for makeup. I did use it to wipe the lashes of my skin after I curled my eyelashes. It came in handy for that.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Simple, classical, professional looking brush.
* Slight curve with the thickness close to the ferrule.
* Comfortable to hold and there's a balance.
* Synthetic hair; soft to the skin.
* Aesthetic to the eyes.
* No loose hair sticking out.
* Well-made.
* Easy to clean.
* No shedding.
* No bleeding.
* Goes back to shape.
* Long and loosely compacted fan brush; not thin and short like what is out in the market.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Takes some effort to dry.
* Takes some effort to highlight the tops of the cheeks.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sephora products reviewed/swatch:
Fiber Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...