Friday, July 14, 2017

Tarte Magic Wands Brush Set

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2017, Sephora had a 15% off VIB sale.

Here are the products I bought. I already reviewed Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick Comfort Matte in Trivial from Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lips 2017 that you can get at Sephora inside JCPenny (top right). For this post, I will review the brush set from Tarte on the left.
Product Review: Tarte Magic Wands Brush Set

Where to purchase: sold out
Price: $39 for brushes x 5

Made in China

Thoughts: I first saw this brush set on Instagram and thought it was adorable, but that was it. I wasn't going to purchase this product. The next time I saw this product was on Sephora and read the great reviews. I put it in my cart to think about it a little bit more. Then the next day when I was ready to purchase the products, this product wasn't in my cart anymore. It was sold out. To be honest, my desire to purchase this product increased more. So when I saw this product at my Sephora store, I purchased without thinking.
Here's a closer look at one of the handles. It's supposed to be a unicorn horn.
There's nothing on the handles except the word "tarte"
Here's a closer look at the puffiest brush. You can use it for powder, blush, highlighter, and so on.
Here's a closer look at the second puffiest brush. You can use it for contouring, highlighter, and so on.
Here's a closer look at the third brush. It's really compacted and you can use it for contouring, highlighting, and so on.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadow brush.
Here's a closer look at the crease/blending brush.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, they are gorgeous in pictures and in person. Honestly, I think it looks better in person than in pictures. They all come in a gold unicorn shaped horn handles with colorful hair brushes. The hair brushes come in pink, purple, blue, and green. Not only that, the hairs are so soft. It feels like baby skin when I touch the brushes. Looks wise, it's extremely pleasing or at least to my eyes. Secondly, it was easy to clean. There were no bleeding and shedding involved. Most of the brushes dried quickly. The one that took the longest was the compacted brush; the third brush from the left in the second picture. Not only that, the shape did not change and the hairs were still soft after thorough wash. Third and when it came to using the brushes, some were more useful than others. Even though it's made out of plastic gold, it's extremely light-weight. I have experienced handles that are heavy to compensate for the long handles. This isn't like that. It's light and extremely comfortable in my hands. I tried to use all the brushes but I noticed I hardly touch two. The two brushes I hardly touched were the compacted and the eyeshadow brush. The compacted is so compacted that it's hard to blend. I think it's great if you do liquid contouring products. It'll give a defined look and you can use another brush/sponge to blend it out. Since I only do daily makeup on myself, I hardly contour in that way. Mine is quick and give colors where I need it. The eyeshadow brush I found it too small for my lids. I have Asian eyes and I don't have that much space on my lids compared to non-Asians. Even with the small space, it took longer than I like to color the lids. I think it's better to contour with around the crease, under the eyes, and even the nose. Since I use other brushes for that, I didn't touch this brush that much. The other brushes got a lot more love from me. The biggest brush I used for powder. It's extremely easy to pat the powder onto the area. The second puffiest brush I used for highlighting on the tops of the cheeks and the bridge/tip of my nose. The crease brush I used to blend the eyeshadows. Since it's so soft, it took more effort than I like but it worked. Lastly, there are pros and cons with the brushes but I don't regret purchasing it. It just looks pretty in my brush holder and it stands out compared to my other brushes. It's pleasing to look at and that's what sells unfortunately. That's how brands make money and I fall for it.

Pros:
* Pleasing to look at.
* Come in light-weight, gold unicorn shaped horn handles.
* Comes in a variety of color hairs.
* Extremely soft hairs.
* Easy to clean; no bleeding, shedding, hairs did not change shape, and were still soft.
* Most dried quickly.
* Comfortable holding in the hands.
* Big brush was easy to pat powder onto the face.
* Second puffiest brush is great for highlighting.
* Crease brush is great to blend on the lids.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Compacted brush took longer to dry.
* Compacted brush took some effort to blend.
* Eyeshadow brush is too small for the lids.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Tarte products reviewed/swatch:
Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion
Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...