Monday, August 21, 2017

Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I usually have Manicure Monday but unfortunately, I was not able to paint my nails last week. I've been stressed out at work and my body hasn't been taking it well. It'll be back next week. So for this post, I will review a facial spray from Mario Badescu that I got from ULTA.

Product Review: Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at mariobadescu.com
Price: $7 for 4 fl oz/ 118 mL

Made in USA

Description on the package: Invigorate dull, tired skin with an infusion of nutrient-rich botanicals and Cucumber Essential Water. This facial mist delivers a cooling boost of hydration as Green Tea provides powerful antioxidant protection-leaving the skin feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Ingredients:
Aqua (Water, Eau), Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Water, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Propanediol, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzophenone-4, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1), Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.
Thoughts: I first heard about this product on YouTube, and was intrigued especially hearing it's one of their newest products. I don't know if you are like me but I'm always curious about the new products. Not only that, I love facial sprays/mists. I became a fan last year. It's so refreshing, relaxing, cooling, and it just feels so good. So when ULTA had a special sale on Mario Badescu products, I knew I had to get one.
Here's a closer look at the spray.
Here's how the spray looks on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a noticeable light scent while applying. It smells like cucumber. I honestly cannot smell aloe or green tea. I just sniffed the product and I can smell a mixture of cucumber and green tea. With that said, the scent is very light and refreshing. I actually like the scent. Secondly, the packaging is alright. It's not the most attractive but for what the product is, it's good. From the looks of the packaging, I can tell the company focuses more on the product than packaging. I know we or I should say I care about packaging. I know I shouldn't since it's wasted money spent on that rather than I can pay less for the product. Even though I know that, it's really hard. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic and there's no scratches, finger marks, and so on. The top is also sturdy. It's easy to pull and put back on. It doesn't fall off unless I manually pull it off. I also have full control of the pump. I'm able to pump as much as I want and it distributes evenly on the face. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is liquidity and extremely light on the skin. It doesn't feel like a heavy product. It feels like light water splash onto the skin. With that said, it's good with or without makeup. It doesn't leave a heaviness on top of makeup. It also dries quickly. I would say within seconds depending how far you spray from the skin. You can also use this product to wet powder products like eyeshadows. I haven't tried it so I cannot say how it works, but I read reviews and a lot of people say it's works just as high end products. Lastly, I cannot say how aloe, cucumber, and green tea works in this product. All I can tell you is that this product is refreshing and very soothing. I apply it before I moisturize. It makes the products apply easily instead of spending time massaging onto my skin. Since my skin is slightly damp, the products just sinks into the skin. The reason why I became a fan of facial sprays/mists is watching Korean beauty variety shows. The celebrities mention they cannot live without these type of products. I became convinced when I saw a male singer in his late 30's talk about facial sprays. He looked the same as in his early 20's. He said he spends a lot of time using these type of products and he's convinced that's what makes him not age. With that said, he sprays hourly. I do not have the time to do that but at least I try to use it three times a day. Since I started using these type of products, my skin hasn't been completely dried out. I hardly see dry patches. Since my skin is slightly hydrated, it feels comfortable and alert. I also noticed less fine and thick lines.

Pros:
* Light cucumber scent when applied.
* Well-made, sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top.
* Full control of the pump.
* Travel-friendly.
* Light, liquidity consistency.
* Good with or without makeup.
* Sinks into the skin quickly.
* Multi-use products.
* Refreshing.
* Soothing.
* Hydrating.
* Comfortable.
* Skin looks alert.
* Less fine and thick lines.
* Antioxidants.
* Paraben-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Alright packaging.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other products from Mario Badescu reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...