Friday, September 22, 2017

L'Oreal Infallible Paints/Lips Mattes in Festival

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month August 2017, ULTA had 20% off sale. I took the advantage and bought some products.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the L'Oreal lip product on the middle right.
Product Review: L'Oreal Infallible Piants Lips Mattes in #346 Festival

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $9.99 for 0.27 fl oz/ 8 mL

Made in Canada

Description from the website: Smooth Matte Finish. High Impact Color. Full Coverage. Comfortable Wear.

Lacquer up lips in high impact matte lip color with L'Oreal Paris Infallible Paints/Lips Matte. In one stroke, the designer applicator precisely diffuses vibrant full-coverage matte lipstick to lips for comfortable wear. Available in 6 high-impact infallible matte liquid lipstick colors.
Ingredients:
ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYETHYLENE, ISOPROPYL LANOLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PEG-40 STEARATE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 15850 / RED 7 LAKE, CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE] FIL CODE D206033/1
Thoughts: I first saw this on YouTube. There's one YouTuber I follow and whatever she wears on her lips, I'm drawn to. She has pretty lip shape and she wears exactly similar colors as I do. If I know it looks good on her, I think it'll look good on me or at least that's what I think.
Here's a closer look at the color of the packaging. It's the color of the lip product.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand.
Here's how it looks on my lip.
Here's an overall look. I have Billy B X Gallany Essentials Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight scent. It gives off a refreshing feel but the smell is slightly chemical. It's not a big deal honestly. It smells like a lot of lip products. Secondly, I like the packaging. It comes in a tube and it reminds me of Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in Chihuahua and Fig. The only difference is that Too Faced comes with a sponge tip end, whereas, L'Oreal comes with a doe foot applicator. I like the applicator better. It's slanted at one side of the tip. It's a lot like liquid lipsticks except the applicator isn't as long and thin. It's on the shorter side but wider than normal. The slant side isn't as straight but it has a slight curve. The tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the curve colors the remaining. With that said, the tube is made out of plastic but it's on the sturdy side. The top is also sturdy. I feel a tight seal while open/close the top. It's well-made and I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also easy to carry in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. I would say it's in-between liquidity to cream. It's not completely liquidity like a lot of liquid lipsticks in the market. I wouldn't say it's creamy. It's light-weight and glides on. It doesn't tug on the lips and it goes on smoothly. It dries quickly within a minute depending on how thinly you apply. It doesn't completely adhere to the lips like a lot of liquid lipsticks. It feels dry but I can still feel it. It leaves a slight texture but it's not sticky whatsoever. It reminds me of lip balms, in the sense, you can feel it but it doesn't feel like a lip product if that makes sense. Other liquid lipsticks dry to the point it adheres in-between the lines and I cannot feel it whatsoever. Since it doesn't completely adhere to the lips, I don't see the thick lines. I do see the fine lines slightly but not as much as other liquid lipsticks that completely adhere to the lips. It looks pretty on the lips. It's transfer-proof but not completely. I noticed slight mark from the center of the lips. It takes the longest to dry in the center. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's up my alley. It's a warm tone neutral with slight orange in it. I would say it's perfect for fall season. Pigmented-wise I wouldn't say it's completely pigmented but it is up there. One layer was good enough to show on my lips. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. The grease from the food loosen the texture in the center of the lips. Since I have a tendency to wipe my mouth, it doesn't last long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and I wouldn't completely say it's not drying. I noticed some cracking in the center of the lips after several hours. With that said, I think this is good for people with normal to moisturize lips. If you have dry lips like myself, there's day it's nice and some days it cracks in the center of the lips. It all depends how moisturize my lips are that day. I'm glad I bought this product and it eliminates the desire I had to try this product.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Comes in a sturdy, well-made tube.
* Comes with a doe foot applicator.
* Applicator is slanted on one side of the tip; easy to outline and color the remaining.
* Top is sturdy; feel a tight seal when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Light creamy consistency.
* Light-weight.
* Glides on.
* Doesn't tug on the lips.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Dries quickly within a minute.
* Not sticky.
* Only see slight thin lines.
* Transfer-proof.
* Pretty warm tone neutral with slight orange.
* Great for fall.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Great for people with normal to moisturize lips.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* It's dried but you can slightly feel the texture.
* Saw cracking in the center of the lips after several hours.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
Colour Riche La Lacque
Colour Riche La Palette
Colour Riche Le Matte
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
La Palette Lip
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes
Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...