Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Billy B X Gallany Essentials Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Several months ago I was fortunate to attend Gallany event. It was to celebrate the collaboration between Billy B, the makeup artist, and Gallany.

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here are the things I received at the event. I grabbed a cotton candy and a mirror. For this post, I will review the palette on the bottom left.
Product Review: Billy B X Gallany Essentials Palette

Where to purchase: online at gallany.com
Price: $54

Made in USA

Description from the website: Go from a natural look to knock-out glamorous with this Face & Eye Palette, designed by celebrity makeup artist Billy B. This multitasking collection of luxe pigments is formulated to be used as eye shadow, eyeliner, blush, highlighter and contour for maximum payoff all in one product. From Billy B. by Gallany.
Ingredients:
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Isopentyldiol. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Tin Oxide (CI 77861).
Thoughts: I first heard of Gallany several years ago when I received a lipstick from Gallany in my Generation Beauty LA swag bag. So when I was invited to the event, I was excited to attend. I didn't see the palette until I came home. I had an overview of how it looks but I didn't get to see the inside. It is perfect with the theme of peachy warm tone trend that is going on right now.
Here's how the palette looks inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the shadows. From top to bottom, left to right: CC, Chiffon, Vogue'd, Cashmere, Mod, Bradshaw, Iris, Suede, Valentina, Haute, Vintage, Velvet, Maven, Leather, LBD, Wintour, Bella Dahl, Milk & Honey, and Faux.
Here's a closer look at one of the shadow, Bella Dahl.
Here's a swatch of the first row on my hand from left to right: CC, Chiffon, Vogue'd, Cashmere, and Mod.
Here's a swatch of the second row on my hand from left to right: Bradshaw, Iris, Suede, Valentina, and Haute.
Here's a swatch of the third row on my hand from left to right: Vintage, Velvet, Maven, Leather, and LBD.
Here's a swatch of the last row on my hand from left to right: Wintour, Bella Dahl, Milk & Honey, and Faux.

Now for looks I did...
Look #1:
I applied Bella Dahl on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with Suede.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with L'Oreal Infallible Paints/Lips Mattes in Festival on the lips.

Look #2:
I blended the crease with Faux. Then applied Wintour and Iris on the lid, and blended out the outer v with Vintage.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get It On on the lips.

Look #3:
I blended the crease with Faux. Then I applied Valentina on the lid, and blended the outer v with Vintage. Sorry about the quality of the picture. I don't think my camera focused on the lid because of the light, matte lavender on the lid.
Here's the same look at a different angle. Sorry about the mascara marks. I've been trying a new mascara and the wand isn't the best.
Here's an overall look with Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Play It Cool on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is nice. It comes in a cardboard packaging and the simple design stands out. It says "Billy B X Gallany" in shiny bronze on top of bronze. I don't own a lot of bronze packaging. For that reason, it stands out with my colorful and black palettes. With that said, it's sturdy. It has magnets on the inside corners inside the bronze packaging. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the palette. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It also comes with a mirror which makes it to easy to apply if you're traveling. Best of all, the palette is thin and light-weight. Secondly, most of the colors are matte except the bottom two on the left. If you're into shiny eyeshadows like myself, there isn't much choices. This will make a great palette with other eyeshadows. If you're not into shiny eyeshadows, this will be your only palette. You will not need other palettes and products. You can use this for the entire face. There's eyebrow color, eye makeup from lid to eyeliner, contouring, highlight, and blush. With that said, this is an exceptional palette. The consistency of the shadows are buttery soft. It feels so good in-between the fingers and the shadows are compacted. There hardly any loose powder anywhere on the palette. It's easy to use and if you're going to use the small shadows for other parts of the face like blush, it might be too small to grab with a small brush. I cannot guarantee that since I only used it as an eyeshadow. I will tell you I loved the different browns in the palette. It's perfect for contouring and the ranges are great for all skin colors. Third, the colors are wide range from light to dark. It'll be great all year depending on how you use it. Eyebrow, eyeliner, blush, contouring, and highlight is good for every day of the year. Eyeshadow-wise you can get as versatile as you like. It can be natural, you can smoke it up, and some of the colors are perfect for this fall trend. With that said, it's mostly warm tone. Pigmented-wise I was impressed. It's not the most pigmented but it is up there. It's comparable to a lot of high-end products or at least in my opinion. I didn't have to layer for it to show up on my face. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. I did not see any creasing, smudging, and so on. At the end of the day, it looked like how I applied it but most products do. I'm glad I got this palette. It's a very useful palette. I'll definitely use it for other things like contouring.

Pros:
* Comes in a sturdy, cardboard, bronze color packaging.
* Packaging is thin and light-weight.
* Magnetic closure; tight seal.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Most of the colors are matte except two which are shimmery.
* Versatile; can use it for other parts of the face.
* Buttery-soft consistency.
* Shadows are compacted; no loose powder.
* Easy to use.
* Colors are great for all skin colors.
* Great for all year.
* Mostly warm tone colors.
* Can wear it natural or smoke it up.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Only two shimmery shadows.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...