Monday, October 2, 2017

Manicure Monday: Surya Brasil in Hummingbird

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Surya Brasil. If you are like me and have never heard of this brand, here's some information...

"Surya Brasil is a Brazilian company leader in natural, organic and vegan cosmetics. Fully committed to environmental preservation, animal welfare and environmental responsibility. Surya Brasil is notably recognized for its vegan hair coloring, vegetable-based, with high performance and natural formulations sold in over 40 countries. The products contain organic ingredients and are free of animal components and testing, with the aim of combining nature with technology to provide beauty wit health."

I took this from their website. They said it better than I ever could!

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here are the polishes I received. For this post, I will review the one in the middle.
Product Review: Surya Brasil in Hummingbird/ Exotic Animals - Spring Edition and Exotic Animals - Summer Edition

Where to purchase: online at suryabrasilproducts.com
Price: $12 for 0.32 fl oz/9.5 mL

Thoughts: When I first received an email, I was drawn to this product. I couldn't resist the packaging. It's so unique, and it really stands out with brands in the market or at least that's my opinion.
Here's a closer look at the symbol on top of the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the length and width is the same. OPI tends to get wider at the tips, whereas, this is the same from where the plastic is to the tip.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, two coats of Surya Brasil in Hummingbird, and topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the width of the brush. It was extremely easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Not only that, the width is wide enough to do several strokes on each nails. Secondly, I love the packaging. It's so unique and it really stands out from other brands. Most brands have sturdy, plastic top. This is the only brand I know with wooden top. With that said, it's well-made. The top is also sturdy. It's made out of wood and they have their symbol on the top of the wood to add an extra special onto it. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also a decent size. It's easy to hold onto with your hand. Third, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. It is on the slightly thin side but it wasn't hard to use. It didn't run and I was able to take my time with painting. I didn't have to worry about it drying while painting. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's a gorgeous mint color with tiny, shiny silver specks. If you're not into shimmery colors, this isn't for you. With that said, it's a great spring/summer color. Also, the website doesn't sell this color alone. It's in a summer and spring sets. Pigmentation-wise I wouldn't say it's up there. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. Even though it's slightly on the thin side, two layers was good enough to show on the nails. You can apply more layers to be more pigmented. Lastly, there were no chipping whatsoever. I did see slight shrinkage on the sixth day. It's barely noticeable with the naked eyes. I had to examine it extremely close. I'm so impressed with this polish. For a slightly thin polish, I didn't think it would last this long!

Pro:
* Wide width; easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Unique, sturdy packaging; wooden top.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to grab onto with your hand.
* In-between thin to medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Can take your time with painting; did not dry/harden while painting.
* Went on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Gorgeous spring/summer color.
* Alright pigmentation.
* No chipping.
* Shrinkage on the sixth day.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...