Wednesday, December 13, 2017

doucce Holiday 2017 Set Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive the Holiday 2017 Set from doucce.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed doucce Luscious Lip Stain in Hollywood Magic (middle). For this post, I will review the palette on the left.
Product Review: doucce Holiday 2017 Set Palette

Where to purchase: online at doucce.com
Price: $72 for the entire Holiday 2017 Set

Description from the website: Celebrate the holidays and look & feel your best self with a full face makeup set to pair! Doucce's Holiday Gift Set is the perfect present and includes top-selling products including our Freematic Master Pro Palette with 2 blush and 4 eyeshadow pans, the Maxlash Mascara for both length and volume, the deeply pigmented and easy to use Ultra Precision Eyeliner and the - reddest of reds - Luscious Lip Stain! Whether you buy it for someone close to you or yourself, this is a gift you won't soon be forgetting about.
Thoughts: I've always been curious about their eyeshadows and given the opportunity, I was excited to try this palette.
Here's a closer look inside the palette. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the blushes and eyeshadows.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. This is the golden one from the top row third from the left.
Here's a closer look at the highlighter. You can also use it for the eyes.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadows on my hand from left to right; top third from the left, top fourth from the left, bottom third from the left, and bottom fourth from the left.
Here's a swatch of the cheek products from left to right; highlighter, top second from the left, and bottom second from the left.

Now for looks I did...
Look #1:
I applied top fourth eyeshadow from the left on the lids and blended out with MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch on the crease and outer v. Then I darkened the outer v with the bottom fourth eyeshadow from the left.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with doucce Luscious Lip Stain in Hollywood Magic on the lips.
Here's how the blush and highlighter looks on me. I applied the bottom second blush from the left on the cheeks. Then I applied the highlighter on the tops of the cheeks and the tip of the nose. This is the same eyeshadow look as above. I just changed the lip color to MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Burnt Spice.

Look #2:
I applied top third eyeshadow from the left on the lids and blended out the crease and outer v with MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with NUDESTIX Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Boho.
Here's how the blush and highlighter looks on me. I applied bottom second blush from the left on the cheeks, and then highlighter on the tops of the cheeks and tip of the nose.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is nice! It's simple, black, and very well-made. Unfortunately, mine came a little broken but I can still use it. The packaging is heavy but not to the point it's hard to use. It's still easy to grab with one hand. It's made out of strong plastic and it has a button in the front you click on. It makes a clicking noise when you push/close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Mine most likely broke during shipping. I wish it came in a box that could have protected it from shipping. Also, it comes with a mirror. This palette is extremely versatile. Each powder products has a magnetic backing and you can place it how you like inside the palette. For example, I can remove the blushes and put more single eyeshadows. It all depends on what you want to put inside the palette. Secondly, the design on the powder products are gorgeous. You can see the design on the eyeshadows and blushes. It looks like ribbon to me. It's unique and it really stands out. To be honest, I wanted these products for the design. Little things make a difference or at least it does for me. With that said, the consistency of the powder products are buttery soft. It feels great in-between the fingers. It's easy to use. The powder products are compacted. There's hardly any loose powders all over the palette. Even though it's compacted, the brushes grab the products easily. Third, the eyeshadows are great for fall/winter season. They're more warm tone but you can use it all year round. The blushes and highlighter is great all year round. These colors are universal. Pigmentation-wise they're pigmented. They're not the most pigmented but it is up there. I found the highlighter the least pigmented or at least on my skin tone. No matter how much I layer the highlighter, it doesn't show up that well. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. I did not have to reapply the eyeshadows, blushes, and highlighter. Then again I have dry skin and most products last all day on me. With that said, there were no creasing, smudging, and the colors did not fade. I'm so glad I got to try this brand and they're famous eyeshadows. Now I can understand what the rave is about. They are really good!

Pros:
* Simple, black, well-made packaging.
* Heavy and made out strong plastic packaging.
* Clickable button in the front; makes a clicking noise when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Versatile.
* Each powder products has a magnetic backing.
* Can create your own palette.
* Adorable, unique design on the powder products.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Compacted.
* Hardly any loose powders inside the palette.
* Easy to grab with the brushes.
* Eyeshadows are great for fall/winter season.
* Blushes and highlighter are great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* No creasing, smudging, and fading.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Highlighter doesn't show up that well on my skin tone.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other doucce products reviewed/swatch:
Luscious Lip Stain

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...