Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Maple Holistics Coconut Oil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Maple Holistics. Before I review the product, let me tell you about the free samples program. It gives you a chance to try their products before purchasing. You can also get a full-size product. It doesn't hurt to try!

Product Review: Maple Holistics Coconut Oil

Where to purchase: online at mapleholistics.com
Price: $17.99 for 8 oz/ 236 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Our 100% natural, fractionated, and therapeutic grade Coconut Oil contains medium chain triglyceride as well as micronutrients vitamin E, vitamin K, iron, and choline, which encourage and promote various bodily functions and processes. Rich in fatty acids, Coconut Oil works well for a number of uses, including direct application to skin and hair. Useful for massage, Coconut Oil has a clear and liquid consistency, helping skin to both retain and maintain moisture.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.

What does "fractionated" mean?
Fractionated oils have been heated as a part of their processing in order to separate specific chains of fatty acids into components to refine, clarify and deodorize the oil.
Thoughts: When I was given a chance to choose a product, I wanted to try the coconut oil. I've heard great things about coconut oil for years. I just didn't know how to use it. Recently, my friend told me she uses coconut oil to remove makeup. I thought that wasn't a bad idea and wanted to give this a chance.
Here's a closer look at the opening. You can use this or the pump that it comes with.
Here's a closer look at the pump.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight musky scent to it. It's so light that I can hardly tell. Secondly, the packaging is alright. The design of the picture is nice, and it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of firm plastic. The top is also sturdy and I'm regarding it to the pump. I don't use the white top where you push open/close. I found the pump easier to work with. The white top comes in handy for traveling. It's a lot easier to travel with than the pump. Since I hardly travel, I only use the pump. With that said, you have full control of the pump. I'm able to pump as much as I want. I cannot see this open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is a light oil. It doesn't look or feel like cooking oil you use in the kitchen. It's look like a thin, liquity gel until you use it on the skin. Then you can tell it's an oil. It's really easy to use. I only use this product to remove my makeup before I cleanse. I squirt a small amount in the palm of my hand and circulate/massage onto the skin. The makeup comes off while I massage the oil into my skin. I don't see any residue of makeup on my hands, as well as, on the face. It does an amazing job and my skin feels soft afterwards. I'm not too sure if you're suppose to cleanse afterwards but I still do. I continue with my skincare routine from cleaning to moisturizing. Lastly, I used this product to remove makeup but you can actually use it to moisturize. I read the review on the website and the customer mentioned she uses the coconut oil to moisturize her body after showering. I might do that now that I know you can. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a great product and gentle on the skin!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Nice design; high quality picture.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Made out of firm plastic.
* Sturdy pump; full control of the quantity you pump.
* White top is great for traveling.
* Travel-friendly.
* Light oil consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Removes makeup well.
* Skin feels soft.
* Gentle on the skin.
* Paraben-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Maple Holistics products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...