Tuesday, February 13, 2018

derma e Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2017, I was fortunate to be invited to derma e Spring Soiree and received a swag bag at the end.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (fifth from the left) and derma e Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer (third from the left). For this post, I will review the fourth product from the left.
Product Review: derma e Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $22.50 for 2 fl oz/ 56 g

Made in USA

Description from the package: This nonoxidizing Vitamin C formula supports healthy collagen, helping to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles.

Probiotics and Rooibos work harmoniously with Vitamin C to shield and strengthen your skin's natural defenses while fighting harmful bacteria that contribute to blemishes and premature skin aging. Your skin will appear smoother, firmer and more revitalized.

* We use a stable form of Vitamin C that won't evaporate or degrade before absorbing into your skin, to work better for you, naturally.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Caprylic/Capric Trigylceride (Vegetable Derived), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, Stay-C® 50), Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid; Actimoist® Bio-1), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived) , Propanediol (Vegetable Derived), Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Cetyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Glucoside (Plant Derived), Diheptyl Succinate, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Sorbitan Palmitate, Sorbitan Oleate, Pseudozyma Epicola, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Saururus Chinensis Extract Ferment Filtrate, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Retinyl (Vitamin A) Palmitate, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylgylcerin, Natural Fragrance Oils.
Thoughts: Ever since I started using this brand, I became a fan especially the moisturizers. My skin loves this brand. It's hydrating and improves my skin. For that reason, I was most excited to try this night cream. I needed a good one.
Here's how the product looks inside the pot.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while applying or at least I noticed it initially. Now that I've been using it for awhile, I don't notice the scent anymore. I just sniffed the product and it does have a citrus scent. I remember when I first used it for a week, I didn't think it smelled like citrus. I'm not too sure why it smells different when I apply it and what's in the pot. Secondly, I like the packaging. I usually don't like digging my hands into the pots for sanitary reason, but I don't mind with this product. I just make sure I wash my hand beforehand. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The plastic top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy and it's in-between medium to thick. I, personally, don't think it's that thick. For that reason, it's great for dry skin individuals like myself all year round. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals. I recommend for normal to dry skins. Since it's a night cream, it wouldn't matter what skin type you are but it is up to the individual. With that said, it's easy to use. I dot all over my face and pat until it sinks into the skin. Since I have dry skin, my skin absorbs this product quickly. It leaves a nice, smooth, soft texture. It's not greasy at all. Lastly, I'm almost towards the end of this product. It's been extremely helpful during my sick months. Beginning of January, I ended up with a flu which lead to bronchitis and sinus infection (yes, I'm taking medication right now). My skin has been acting out from dryness. The sickness was sucking up the nutrient from my skin and it didn't help I'm in winter. I started getting sleep marks where I have never gotten before. That's how I knew my skin was extremely dry and it took hours for the sleep marks to disappear. Since using this moisturizer, I noticed the sleep marks did not come back. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a good hydrating moisturizer and great all year round!

Pros:
* With time, you get use to the scent.
* Well-made, sturdy, thick glass packaging.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* In-between medium to thick consistency.
* Recommend for normal to dry skin individuals.
* Great for dry skin all year round.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs into the skin quickly.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, soft texture.
* Not greasy at all.
* Hydrating.
* Gluten-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Initial scent on the skin was not pleasant.
* Not sanitary.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...